Vintage Mix is an American a cappella group of 18-year-old quadruplets based out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Since their official music debut in 2014 and business declaration est. January 12, 2016 [Vintage Mix, LLC], they have become globally recognized for singing tight four-part harmony and performing a mix of styles such as Vocal Jazz, Barbershop, and Standards. In addition to their shows and past tours, they have made special appearances across the nation to include: the A Cappella Music Awards, Lambeau Field, the USS Milwaukee, WoodSongs Old-Time Radio Hour, Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas, the Grand Ole Opry, Fox & Friends, CBS Sunday Morning, and a special performance at Carnegie Hall in New York. They hope to "Bridge Generations Through Harmony" and bless people through their love and passion for music.
Awards & Achievements:
- Deke Sharon's Facebook LIVE video of Vintage Mix singing 'You Make Me Feel So Young' to VoicePlay reached over 4 million views (Camp A Cappella 2016).
- Performed on 53 Barbershop Music Concerts across North America since 2015
- VM won 2nd place silver medals at the 2018 International Mixed Barbershop Quartet Competition held in Munich, Germany (April 2018) where they were the youngest vocal group competing at age 17.
- Performed the 1940's standard 'Connecticut' and taught the 'Rhapsody in Blue' Barbershop tag to a sold-out audience at Carnegie Hall (March 24, 2019)
- Performed at The Riverside Theater (Milwaukee) and Carnegie Hall (New York) with DCappella [Disney A Cappella Group]
- Featured on the PBS Special 'Woodsongs Old-Time Radio Hour' based out of Lexington, Kentucky, alongside Ringmasters Quartet, Time Bandits Quartet, and the Wildcat Harmonizers .
- Performed at the legendary Grand Ole Opry on two different featured shows in 2015 & 2019
- Participated in a CBS Sunday Morning Interview ‘Barbershop: A Harmonious Passion’ (2017) in Las Vegas with many other Barbershop groups to promote the art form and genre
- Performed 1940's standards at the official Milwaukee event which launched the ‘Commissioning of the USS Milwaukee’
- VM sang the National Anthem at the NFL Packer’s Family Game Night at Lambeau Field in August of 2017
- A Cappella Music Awards ‘Quartet of the Year’ Nominee
- Performed on the national morning news show Fox & Friends, based out of New York, to promote Barbershop on National Barbershop Quartet Day (April 11, 2017)
- 2016 & 2017 Wisconsin High School Barbershop Quartet Champions
- 2018 Land O' Lakes Mixed Barbershop Quartet Champions
Vintage Mix became an official business as Vintage Mix, LLC on January 12, 2016. Within the time of developing as a business entity in the music industry, Ian, Kelsey, Anika, and Julia were titled business owners at the age of 14 and currently engage in various roles within the company. Kelsey [Chief Executive Officer] is best known for her natural leadership and communication skills both face-to-face and online with performance inquiries/requests. Ian holds the title as Senior Vice President of Music and Contracting by reviewing commitments and copyright certification for the group. Julia [Vice President of Marketing] particularly focuses on developing the overall brand and merchandise for the music group with her knowledge of media and social platforms. Lastly, Anika [Vice President/CFO] manages financial responsibilities including profit & loss, revenue and all applicable tax reporting. In essence, Vintage Mix functions as a premier a cappella group and business with the hope of “Bridging Generations Through Harmony” and blessing people through their music.
Moonlight in Vermont (Single; 2016)
White Christmas (Single; 2016)
You Make Me Feel so Young (Single; 2016)
Timeless (EP; 2018)
When You Wish Upon a Star (Live from BinG! 2018) (Single; 2019)
Avengers Theme Song (Single; 2019)
Vintage Mix Members: Ian, Kelsey, Anika, and Julia
Origin: Milwaukee, WI
"Vintage Mix sings close harmony so well, at such a young age, they force the world to realize that young singers are capable of creating mind blowingly great music!"
- Deke Sharon, American singer, arranger, composer, director, producer and teacher of a cappella music and the Music Producer for Pitch Perfect 1 and 2
"Vintage Mix is the best quartet that I’ve heard in my 17 years as a sound engineer on Fox & Friends.”
- Toba Potosky, Sound Engineer, Fox & Friends, New York
"Working with the Vintage Mix singers for 2 amazing years early in their formation was one of the greatest joys of my life. Their unique sound comes, I believe, from their biology as quadruplets. They are attuned to one another, both vocally and mentally, such that they are constantly adjusting their performance to lift each sibling in the group. Not only is their singing sublime, they are charming, genuine people who radiate kindness. My life is better for the hours I spent with them singing, learning and laughing."
- Greg Ruffer, CEO - Boston Center for the Arts
"Since Vintage Mix participated in our International Convention in Pittsburgh 2015, these four young adults (yes quadruplets) have been entertaining our barbershop audiences all across the country with their joy of barbershop harmony and beautiful music. They are an inspiration to all generations who love to sing and for those interested in singing for the first time”.
- Marty Monson, CEO - Barbershop Harmony Society
"The great thing about Vintage Mix is their ability to appeal to every age group in the room. When these young adults perform, there is something for everyone”.
-Shawn York, Tenor - 2008 International Champion Quartet “OC Times", Owner/CEO Chick-fil-A in Corona, California
"Vintage Mix makes our oldest veterans feel so comfortable and joyful...their music is like a glimpse back at wonderful days gone by. An Honor Flight day is even more magical for our veterans when they hear the beautiful harmonies of this amazing group of teenagers."
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight, honors all veterans by flying WWII, Korean War and terminally ill veterans from other conflicts to Washington, DC to visit their memorials
"Vintage Mix makes a real difference in real people's lives. I am on the Board of Directors for Stars and Stripes Honor Flight. We fly WWII and Korean War veterans to Washington DC to see their Memorials. The talented singers of Vintage Mix routinely come to the airport to welcome and celebrate our veterans. Their interactions with our brave heroes is inspiring. When we show up at the airport to begin a long day of service and here the silky sounds of Vintage Mix echoing through the airport terminal we know that it is going to be a great day. The veterans routinely tell us that hearing Vintage Mix is one of the highlights of their entire day. The sweet and genuine sounds of Vintage Mix take America's heroes back to days that were optimistic and full of sunshine.The only things fuller than the sounds of Vintage Mix are the hearts of Ian, Kelsey, Anika, and Julia."
- John Mercure, Host - Wisconsin's Afternoon News, 620 WTMJ